About Me!!!

My photo
United States
I'm a surface pattern designer, photographer, gardener, doing everything with a boho, edgy flair.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Do What You Love".

  It all started while Googling late one night.  I needed a change, and a new challenge, SOMETHING to get my create juices flowing again. While looking for potential online courses to take, I found all of these blog links to a website called, "Do What You Love", by Beth Nicholls. Intrigued, I clicked on further, and found Rachael Taylor's e-course "The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design".  That was it!  BINGO! I signed up for Module 1: Designing your way. I was so incredibly pleased at how professional it was set up, and even more impressed with the wonderful, diverse, and talented group of people that are participating!

  Various projects, tutorials, interviews, and industry links are given out daily, and you work at your own pace. Finished pieces or inspirational photos and moodboards are shared via a Flickr group. It is such a positive and uplifting experience to share your own work and see other's, receive and give feedback. It's an international group which makes it even more fun!

  Below is my very first project, done about 6 weeks ago.

© Groovity
 We had to take some sketches, or shapes, or buttons or whatever, and play around with them on a background, like a collage. I used some colorful drinking straws as a background, and overlayed some little sketches that I did. Some people used ribbons, ric-rac, it was amazing what the end results were! Fun stuff!

  The fun continued, each and every day, every week for the length of the module course. And oh yeah, I started this blog because of it...

  I just emailed my final project to Rachael Taylor's blog, showcasing all of my coursemate's designs.

© Groovity
 I called this one "Boho Carnival".

This has been such an incredibly neato and creative journey, all crammed into 6 weeks. At times I thought my brain was going to implode from all of the ideas bouncing around. Glad it didn't.   I feel refreshed and renewed, energized and ready!  Ready for??? Stay tuned :))

  Oh, and if you want to Pinterest any of my artwork or photography, please attach a link to this blog and give me credit. If you don't, I will find you and hurt you ;)


2 comments: