About Me!!!

My photo
United States
I'm a surface pattern designer, photographer, gardener, doing everything with a boho, edgy flair.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Down on the Farm

I had some fun yesterday when I visited Four Town Farm in Seekonk, Massachusetts, only 15 minutes away from where I live by car. It's a family owned farm, with an outstanding farm stand, greenhouses full of annuals, perennials, vegetables and herbs, and a "pick your own" season that just kicked off with strawberries. Yums. This one was as big as my fist!


I always love walking around and taking photographs, especially of old stuff, aged wood, and of course, flowers!

Along the way, I found two goats, Spike and Oreo. Bet you can guess who is who. I fed them apples.



This is the little house where they live.


Such a gorgeous day as well! Not a cloud in the sky!



I love all of the peeling paint and worn out wood! Great design inspiration!


I also came across this plant in the greenhouse. It's called a "mulla mulla". Sounded Aussie to me, and yep, it's native to Australia and Tasmania. The little tree-like blossoms were only 3 inches or so. Love! Looks like some alien landscape to me!

Oh, and if you want to Pinterest any of my artwork or photography from here, please attach a link to this blog and give me credit. If you don't, I will find you and hurt you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The goats! And that weathered wood.... so dreamy. I have some pieces laying around and a magazine picture pulled out. I'm looking forward to using the weathered word in designs. I love that last plant! I can't wait to see what you do with a design based on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plant was such a surprise to find! I think I'm going to do some work on tropicals, I have TONS of reference pictures from living in Florida. Big trend for next year (I always think "next year") is "Exotic Profusion: Colour explosion – Exotic flauna mixes – Rainforest blooms – Digital and watercolour effect mixes – High contrast prints – Neon brights – Bird of paradise and orchid floral studies – Pattern overlays!

    ReplyDelete